M2 Optics offers a customized 1xN optical switching platform designed for network monitoring and optical multicasting applications in both single mode and multimode environments. As an all-optical switch (Layer 1), it is data rate and protocol agnostic making the SwitchLight a valuable and cost-effective device when requring a switch for a variety of network applications.
With a patent-pending approach that combines all-optical switching capabilities and an advanced automation software engine, the SwitchLight is easy to deploy and instantly enhances network operations.
|Dual-Function Optical Switch|
- 1xN all-optical switching up to 1x128 duplex
- Single mode and/or multimode fibers
- Integrated WDM for wavelength-selective switching (WSS)
- Data rate and protocol agnostic
- Integrated software API supports multiple scripts (TCL, Python, etc)
- Application Example: Routing a selected fiber path to a 3rd party monitoring device
Optical Multicasting & Broadcasting
- Distribute an outbound signal via one or multiple paths
- Turn on/off paths as necessary
- Optional, integrated amplifier to eliminate signal loss
- Low-latency with no OEO conversion
- Application Example: Sending a selected financial video feed to multiple display monitors