Detect and Resolve Fiber Cuts Quickly
When fiber connections accidentally get cut, it’s important to know as soon as it happens so that you can get it resolved quickly. The Remote Fiber Monitoring System provides 24/7 real time alerts so that you know immediately with your fiber has been cut. It serves as a key asset for any network operator seeking to ensure the performance and integrity of the optical fiber infrastructure. In addition to significantly reducing service times, when issues like fiber breaks arise, the system provides an extra layer of detection against tampering and malicious intrusions that can affect today’s networks.
Key Benefits of the Fiber Monitoring System
- 24/7 real-time monitoring of up to 64 fibers in a single 1RU unit
- Useful for both Point-to-Point fiber links and PON networks
- Monitors dark and lit fibers up to 160km in distance
- Fault localization to within meters for precise and rapid service deployment
- Integrated optical switching for continuous and/or on-demand link testing
- Simple to install and scale as the network grows
A New Design Approach
Using an integrated technology approach that includes the key elements (OTDR, 1xN switch, and software) together in a single 1RU enclosure, reliability is increased with less hardware to manage which simplifies installation and reduces rack space. With features to support both P2P and PON networks, this system is proven to deliver maximum monitoring value.
Whether you are a broadband provider seeking to ensure connectivity for subscribers or a municipality maximizing up-time of 9-1-1 emergency service links, this system is a proven tool that helps to save both time and money.
For more information or to request a live, online demonstration of the fiber monitoring system, contact M2 Optics today.