Detect and Resolve Fiber Cuts Quickly
The Remote Fiber Monitoring System is a key asset for any network operator seeking to ensure the performance and integrity of the optical fiber infrastructure. In addition to significantly reducing service times when issues like fiber breaks arise, the system provides an extra layer of detection against tampering and malicious intrusions affecting today's networks.
- 24/7 real-time monitoring of up to 64 fibers in a single 1RU unit
- Useful for both Point-to-Point fiber links and PON networks
- Monitors dark and lit fibers up to 160km in distance
- Fault localization to within meters for precise and rapid service deployment
- Integrated optical switching for continuous and/or on-demand link testing
- Simply to install and scale as the network grows
A New Design Approach
This devices offers an "all-in-one" design that integrates key elements including the OTDR, software, and 1xN optical switch inside of a shared enclosure which simplifies installation and reduces rack space requirements. Additionally, fewer hardware elements increases reliability while reducing costs,
Whether you are a broadband provider seeking to ensure connectivity for subscribers or a municipality maximizing up-time of 9-1-1 emergency service links, this system is proven tool that helps to save both time and money.
For more information or to request a live, online demonstration of the fiber monitoring system, contact M2 Optics today.